If you're in BYU Writing 150H sections 122, 126, or 129 you're in the right place.


My name is Dr. SWILUA. (Pronounced "Swill-oo-ah") That's short for "She Who Is Like Unto Aphrodite." It's my official title, thanks.

Thursday, February 9, 2012

MOA Hunt Tomorrow!

So, all week I told y'all in class that tomorrow was the MOA hunt. When I actually *looked* at the calendar, it said it was supposed to be next week. Which really makes more sense, because you don't need to know Art terms until the GW paper, which is what we're talking about next week. But, oh well. I'm going to go with what I told you in class. I updated the calendar to match.

So tomorrow! MOA hunt!

It's a simple game. On Blackboard, you'll find a list of "Art Terms." (It may be named something like, "Art terms in case you do your GW paper on Art." It's just a paper with art terms and definitions. It was compiled by the Tate Britain, not me, so blame them for their fancy English.) I think it's under "Critical Analysis Aids," which is under "Course Materials." Wait... I'll check... OK. Yeah, it's there.

What to do with art terms: at the MOA (Museum of Art in case you hadn't figured it out), find a piece of art that illustrates each of the "tools." You can do this alone or in groups. You'll probably be able to finish the whole list in 50 minutes--there might be one or two that there aren't any examples of. You don't need to spend longer than 50 minutes if you don't finish, but if you only have two terms done, it's kinda obvious you didn't really do anything, so that could hurt your grade. You'll turn in your list of examples for credit by midnight. If you do it at some other time than our class period, as long as you get your list to me by midnight, I'll never know.

AN UNRELATED NOTE:

You get credit for having a rough draft of each paper by the day of the ICPP for that unit. Some people turned in drafts, but most didn't, which makes me think it was unclear somehow. I'll modify the calendar. You can have till the next ICPP (next week I think? or maybe the one after that?) to turn in your Wiki rough draft, since I didn't clear it up before now.

Any questions about the activity or anything else, email me.

16 comments: