If you're in BYU Writing 150H sections 122, 126, or 129 you're in the right place.


My name is Dr. SWILUA. (Pronounced "Swill-oo-ah") That's short for "She Who Is Like Unto Aphrodite." It's my official title, thanks.

Sunday, March 6, 2011

MOA Scavenger Hunt Monday in leu of class!

Somewhere on Blackboard--I believe in the Great Works Aids folder?--there is a list of Art terms. See, sometimes for GW you have to analyze fields you aren't familiar with. And to do that you need to know terms from that field.

Your job for class today is to make your way throug the MOA and find an example for as many terms on the list as possible. And when you're done find as many OTHER terms and examples you can without going over the time limit of fifty minutes.

You can do this alone or in groups and you can meet any time of day you want. In fact my nine o'clockers will have to use another time than our class because I think the museum is closed until ten.

Email me with questions and keep checking the calendar to see what next class will be!

10 comments:

  1. I read this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too... and I did it... bonus points :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to the carl bloch exibit and it had a lot of the terms stuff. I win.

    ReplyDelete
  4. read this a while ago but just thought to post now (sadly I was sick on Monday, but I'm catching up)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did it too!!!! and got a neat Uncle Sam poster that says WAr!! hugh waaat is it good for..absolutely nothing hugh ugh! bahahah

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that song... good old Edwin Starr and his one hit wonder...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey unfortunately I was sick as well but I am caught up and this activity was pretty exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the MOA. I haven't been there so far unless it was for a class, but I think I'm gonna go explore someday. Get lost in the art. It would probably turn out to be an awakening experience. Perhaps I would reach enlightenment. Maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. read it. Went and saw the bloch exhibit...amazing..the end..and shannon enlightenment comes from within, though it
    can be influenced by outside sources...haha!
    that was an epic fail on sounding smart!

    ReplyDelete