If you're in BYU Writing 150H sections 122, 126, or 129 you're in the right place.


My name is Dr. SWILUA. (Pronounced "Swill-oo-ah") That's short for "She Who Is Like Unto Aphrodite." It's my official title, thanks.

Monday, November 1, 2010

Jonathan M's Response to "Mother's Choice"

Mother's are a very important thing to us as LDS folk. We don't take their role lightly at all. A mothers calling is the highest calling anyone can receive. God is putting his trust in there mothers to raise the children in the manner he would have them. That is a big responsibility.

Anna Quindlen points out that moms aren't noticed unless they are "in a Third World country or do it while running a  Fortune 500 company and the New York marathon." I found this funny but also very true. Moms don't get awards and they aren't recognized at all. In society today the focus is never on the woman as a mom but instead the focus is on what else they have accomplished like being independent and showing that they are capable of doing what the men are capable of doing. I like this notion, but I also like giving praise to the role of the mom. I agree with that thought and I like seeing that women prove themselves capable of what men are capable of. This is good. Men are not superior to women at any degree and if anything the males should be looking up to their wives because they are the ones that are doing the behind the scenes work. I'm just joking. The relationship between a husband and wife should be equal, but the thought of being superior to the male just to get back at them for the past and still present treatment in some areas of the world sounds so fair to some of ya'll, right? :) Too bad God's ways aren't the old law and today we live the new law. You could have gotten lucky and have taken an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth had you lived whatever thousand years ago that was- I don't feel like thinking too hard at the moment.

Anna saw motherhood as a kind of cage while growing up. Her reasoning for this is because the moms had more children they they wanted, they weren't able to make the spacing between the children the way they wanted and "as soon as you started throwing up in the powder room at parties and walking around in those horrible little pup-tent dresses your life was over." Now with the i-phone you can get an app to solve the spacing of children flaw- or at least I've heard there's some sort of app for babies. Idk. Whatever. The other two the i-phone won't cover, but you future wives can definitely control you husbands so you don't end up with more children than you want. I think it was Elder Scott that said the husbands better be listen to their wives anyways, so just use that to your advantage. Quoting one of the current prophets on the earth is always a quick way to put an end to a potential epic battle between your husband. Just saying.

I don't mind feminists, but I love joking with them. This one girl in my ward had a poster of what's her name? She's the woman that's got her sleeves rolled up and she's basically the propaganda for getting women to go into the army. Haha. Just messing. It's not propaganda at all. Just a simple poster. Anyways... I was planning an attack where I cut out a huge face of Dwight Shrute and paste it over that ladies face, but I still have not executed that plan. It just one of those funny thoughts you have. I would feel really bad doing it, because who knows how they would respond. They might kill me. :)

Hope you enjoyed my little speel about nothing but mothas! Who are in fact the best thing ever created! Who doesn't love a sandwich :). haha Just ignore me. My roommates keep using that line and it just popped out of no where. When I put on my serious face, which I am right now, mothers are vital. Without them men would fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment