If you're in BYU Writing 150H sections 122, 126, or 129 you're in the right place.


My name is Dr. SWILUA. (Pronounced "Swill-oo-ah") That's short for "She Who Is Like Unto Aphrodite." It's my official title, thanks.

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

What you need to have in your "Honors Portfolios" other than the Tabbed Section Dividers you print off Blackboard

Some of you are asking about this. I'm going to tell myself it's because we didn't finish that class day (and not that you weren't there or didn't pay attention) and answer it just this once.

1. a paragraph about each BYU semester you've attended under the "undergraduate experience" tab.

2. performances you've seen (since coming to BYU) or art you experienced (etc.) logged into a printout of the "GW Log" (Downloadable from the Honors website, or you can pick up a hard copy in the basement of the MSRB.)

3. your GW papers (NOT the same copy you'll have graded, but the same papers)

4. and any other work you've done this semester or other semesters that you're proud of. (not just writing.)

I think that's it. The folder should be filled in "to-date." Basically, that just means that everything you've already done goes in there and stuff you haven't done doesn't go in there yet. Since you've experienced Winter 2012, a paragraph about it goes in. But you don't have to write about Fall 2016 yet. You won't have references yet, probably don't have a dedicated Honors service project yet, and the transcript part will be your "final" transcript upon graduation, so you don't have that yet, either. Email me if this is confusing. I will shake my head in wonderment, but I will answer your questions.

kcs

17 comments: