If you're in BYU Writing 150H sections 122, 126, or 129 you're in the right place.


My name is Dr. SWILUA. (Pronounced "Swill-oo-ah") That's short for "She Who Is Like Unto Aphrodite." It's my official title, thanks.

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Welcome Winter 2012!

Even if it's the end of the world this year, we're going to have a great semester.

They syllabus is on Blackboard and the course calendar is at the bottom of this blog page. (Scroll alllll the way down.) It's a Google calendar, so if you use iGoogle or whatever, I'm pretty sure you can download it straight into your own calendar. Or you can just check it on the blog. Whatevs.

The course calendar isn't *quite* complete yet--I'm hoping that it will be by the end of the week. But, anyway, you'll want to check the calendar often. Due dates don't usually change, but class instructions sometimes do. And it never hurts to get in the habit of keeping track of your studying and stuff.

BTW: You should probably expect to spend at least an hour reading/re-reading the syllabus. There will be a quiz and it will be the very first grade you get in the class. The grade may or may not predict how well you'll do in the class, but, nevertheless, a bad first grade is hard on the ego. (Not that we're allowed to have an ego in writing class; find the part of the syllabus that talks about why and maybe get a prize!)(emphasis on the "maybe" :)

See you tomorrow! Here's to hoping it doesn't snow too much this semester. I commute from Salt Lake City and DUDE. I've gotten stranded in more than one blizzardy adventure trying to come teach. (Don't be alarmed if we have to have a snow day or two. Snow happens, I guess.)

21 comments:

  1. It sounds like this semester is going to be great! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness! That was the longest (albeit the most entertaining) syllabus I've come across so far, looks like we're in for an interesting term!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gonna be an exciting semester! I can't wait to see what this class has to offer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am also hoping for minimal snow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to the semester.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I pretty much love snow days...just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am excited for this class!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kimberly Monroe Said..

    Ha. Sounds like this is going to be an entertaining class!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Honestly, this is the class I'm most excited for this semester.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha I hope that someone gets to bring brownies to class soon lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just remembered that I still needed to post on this. I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aha ^ this is where the comment I meant to post on a different post posted. Life makes sense again.

    ReplyDelete
  14. ha yeah i missed this one

    ReplyDelete